Liquorix 3.2?
cdysthe
Reply Quote
Hi,

I'm normally not terribly excited about kernel updates, but 3.2 will (hopefully) take care of some power consumption issues I have on my laptops. So I wanted to ask when we'll see liquorix move to 3.2?
damentz
Reply Quote
As soon as I feel that 3.2 is ready.

What part are you looking forward to in 3.2? As far as I know, all the power management details are Intel related, one of which I already have a patch for in the 3.1 branch. The Intel graphics power management is a completely different beast though, and I think there's already a thread here on changing those parameters and the results of such.
cdysthe
Reply Quote
Hi,

Thank you for the update. This explains why I've been so happy with the later Liquorix kernels: Some of the issues have already been fixed there. Then I'm in no rush to get 3.2 unless there's a lot of improvements on the Intel side. My laptop has Intel graphics and wireless.
damentz
Reply Quote
3.2 is available in the future repository, give it a spin and see if it makes a difference for you.
cdysthe
Reply Quote
:: damentz wrote ::
3.2 is available in the future repository, give it a spin and see if it makes a difference for you.

Thank, I'll do that.
cdysthe
Reply Quote
I've been testing 3.2. Not much difference in power consumption. Graphics on my Intel based laptop is better. Very little tearing rendering HD content and games runs better. What really strikes me though is that hd performance is up a couple of notches. I do a lot of file copying from one disk to another, both ext4, and a job which normally took 15 minutes now takes 11! That's a big difference.