Reply Quote
hi,

i run semplice linux [debian sid]

:: Code ::
root@mycomp:/home/conta# uname -a
Linux mycomp 3.1.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Fri Dec 23 16:37:11 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

my graphic card is Radeon HD3200, gateway nv52 laptop

what I did is try to install fglrx-current from smxi
after reboot I wasn't able to get desktop or tty so i reboot and go recovery mode and then unistall fglrx with sgfxi -! 32 (not sure exact, i found it at this forum, to unistall fglrx and install free radeon driver)
after I have desktop OK

what has changed it boot - font was much more bigger - actually, it has been bigger since fglrx install, and wont change after unistall

i googled it and i find adding vga=791 to line with kernel at /boot/grub/grub.cfg will fix it

but i also read somewhere this is not good way, maybe you know what's good way?

another problem is then all boot messages dissapear after boot, when I go tty1, i see login dialog only. Maybe someone know how to make them not to be cleared? I wasn't able to google solution

thx, conta
secipolla
Reply Quote
Compare /etc/default/grub with the one from the live-CD, see if they're different one from the other and maybe restore it.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Grub 2 is a huge regression in usability in terms of altering configurations. I have created a grub forum where you can find answers to for example how to set grub graphics modes.

Since none of the grub syntaxes or commands are human usable, I have tried to document them, as much as I can. Aus9 has also worked on that a bit when he feels like it.
conta
Reply Quote
i will check that link ;]