Uninstall ATI Drivers
smilliken
Reply Quote
How do I uninstall the ATI driver after installing sgfxi?

Re-running the script fails.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
How do you uninstall? What do you mean? What methods did you use to install the driver? What distro are you using? Don't skip information or it's impossible to offer assistance. Show: inxi -b
to let me know what you are actually asking and what your system is. Make sure you have the new inxi as well, 1.7.23. For some reason mint has failed to update which makes helping those users a pain.

Do you mean you have fglrx installed, and want to remove it?

Do you mean you want to revert to native xorg driver, like radeon?

sgfxi -! 32
will remove/purge all installed non free drivers, and reset any blacklisting that was added for radeon/nouveau, and moves xorg.conf to backup location, which means that your system will be basically as it would have been had you never installed a non free driver.

Do you mean that the initial uninstall of fglrx for updating to new fglrx is failing?

Do you want to replace the run package, direct download fglrx with the debian method?

Please be more precise.
smilliken
Reply Quote
:: techAdmin wrote ::
How do you uninstall? What do you mean? What methods did you use to install the driver? What distro are you using? Don't skip information or it's impossible to offer assistance. Show: inxi -b
to let me know what you are actually asking and what your system is. Make sure you have the new inxi as well, 1.7.23. For some reason mint has failed to update which makes helping those users a pain.

Do you mean you have fglrx installed, and want to remove it?

Do you mean you want to revert to native xorg driver, like radeon?

sgfxi -! 32
will remove/purge all installed non free drivers, and reset any blacklisting that was added for radeon/nouveau, and moves xorg.conf to backup location, which means that your system will be basically as it would have been had you never installed a non free driver.

Do you mean that the initial uninstall of fglrx for updating to new fglrx is failing?

Do you want to replace the run package, direct download fglrx with the debian method?

Please be more precise.

Yes, the re-running of hte sgfxi script failed to uninstall what had been installed in the previous run.

I guess a little frustrated that I can't seem to get the driver to install for my card.

Started another post with the error and copy of the log file.