Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

techAdmin
Reply Quote
no need to show me the inxi output, I'll edit that out, thanks for the the system data set, and thanks for figuring out to update as well.

Also note, inxi uses standard argument methods, that is, - and --, so options always start with single or double dash, like

-h (short option format, standard)
--help (long option format)
Thanks
EricTID
Reply Quote
Hello,

Thanks! I'm looking forward to anything you could tell me after having looked through the system data.

Kind regards,

Eric
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Well, by chance the data shows me at least one thing you need to fix:

/etc/fstab has two mounts for each / and swap, you should remove the ones that aren't valid, since those can only introduce error.

inxi -pulo will show you the actual mounted uuid and you can use that information to get rid of the invalid entries in /etc/fstab.

To remove an entry, as root, edit /etc/fstab and simply place a # mark in front of the line to comment it out, then save the file and reboot.

While this will probably not resolve the issue, it will remove at least one thing that is simply wrong and that could make things act unexpectedly.
How could I not have seen that
EricTID
Reply Quote
Hi,

Thank you very much. I feel such a noob, administering a global content delivery network on a daily basis and not even noticing stuff like that on my own workstation :redface:

That happens when you get too confident, you start overlooking the obvious. Thanks again for pointing it out.

Kind regards,

Eric
Latest update 3.0-4 same problem
EricTID
Reply Quote
Hi,

Today installed the latest available kernel (3.0-4) and the problem still exists. Error is the same:
:: Code ::

Unable to determine kernel version used

Did you have a chance to look at the data I send you to see if there is a fix/bypass/patch I might need to execute?

I really miss Liquorix...

Kind regards,

Eric
damentz
Reply Quote
Are you using encryption on your volume group too?
No encryptoin
EricTID
Reply Quote
Hi damentz,

Thanks for your interest. No I'm not using encryption on my LVM. The volume group seems to be detected correctly at boot but no volume. Had this problem since the Liquorix 3.0 series (all of them including yesterday's release). The 3.0.0 that's available from Debian repos works as expected as does the ultimate Liquorix before the 3.0 series (2.6.39-4).

Kind regards,

Eric
clopez
Reply Quote
The problem is caused by the version naming (3.0 instead of 3.0.0).

I fixed this and generated fresh packages with the name change.

Changes:
 linux-liquorix (3.0.0-8) unstable; urgency=low
   * Fixed kernel version name (3.0 -> 3.0.0) to avoid breaking things
     that rely on a X.Y.Z kernel like LVM support: http://goo.gl/5vVbH

You can download the builds (and the source from here): kernel.neutrino.es/liquorix/3.0.0/
It Works!!
EricTID
Reply Quote
Hello clopez,

Just downloaded and installed. After reboot I'm running

Linux ericvs-laptop 3.0.0-4.dmz.1-liquorix-amd64 #1 ZEN SMP PREEMPT Sun Sep 4 22:37:09 CEST 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Everything confirmed working and I'm happy to be running Liquorix again. Thank you very much. I have one question though. Will this 'fix' be included in the next Liquorix kernels so that I can install them from repo as before?

Kind regards,

Eric
Re: It Works!!
clopez
Reply Quote
:: EricTID wrote ::
Hello clopez,

Just downloaded and installed. After reboot I'm running

Linux ericvs-laptop 3.0.0-4.dmz.1-liquorix-amd64 #1 ZEN SMP PREEMPT Sun Sep 4 22:37:09 CEST 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Everything confirmed working and I'm happy to be running Liquorix again. Thank you very much. I have one question though. Will this 'fix' be included in the next Liquorix kernels so that I can install them from repo as before?

Kind regards,

Eric

I emailed damentz with the patch, so I hope he will accept it.

Regards!
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next