Solved: Kernel 2.6.39-1.dmz.2-liquorix-686_2.6.39-4_i386
reiner
Reply Quote
Hmm,
I just installed kernel 2.6.39-1.dmz.2-liquorix-686_2.6.39-4_i386.deb on my old PIII-based laptop. This kernel was much less flacky than the 2.6.37 or 2.6.38 kernels with regards to acpi, a special L2 cache module and the rather strange BIOS I have in that box.

However it doesn't seem to like at least my USB-trackball (logitech trackball) at all, it seems it doesn't even switch power to the usb-device as the red illumination which usually comes up when the trackball is activated doesn't light up and there is no kind of input at all recognized from the trackball.

Booting however again with 2.6.38-6 (the last one I installed before) the trackball works as usually.

I donot have this behavior on my amd64-boxes at all with the 2.6.39 kernel.
I will also check now whether the touchpad or PS/2-ports are handicapped the same way.

regards

Reiner

< Edited by reiner :: Jun 11, 11, 13:33 >

reiner
Reply Quote
I checked on PS/-Port and touchpad. Both are working fine.

Looks like only the usb-port is involved.

regards

Reiner
reiner
Reply Quote
hmm,
I checked further and found that the pcmcia-slots were involved too. As that had happened earlier times before I reseted and reconfigured the BIOS. Now pcmcia works agai and also the usb-port.

Strange that it still worked with the 2.6.38 kernel.

So this issue is solved (but now the 2.6.39 kernel is as flaky as the earlier kernel when booting up). But maybe i get used to it :-)

regards

Reiner