New Kernel
jheaton5
Reply Quote
What are your plans for a new Liqourix Kernel based on the 2.6.38 kernel?
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Add the 'future' branch to your liquorix deb sources line.

:: Code ::
deb http://liquorix-proxy:9999/deb-lqx unstable future main

Unlike some who just release the latest without a thought to what might break, because it's the new version, damentz has adopted a more user friendly and safe approach, which is to release a future kernel to work out bugs and issues and patch failures and so on, then once the main bugs are worked out, he moves it to the unstable branch.

A wise move, one that benefits everyone, since people who always want the latest, simply can add 'future' then do an update and you'll see his future ones listed. Those who want stability, just use the normal non future branch.

Couldn't think of a better way to have handled this, hats off to damentz for such an elegant solution.
jheaton5
Reply Quote
Thank you for that explanation. I, too, think it is a good way to handle future kernels.
jheaton5
Reply Quote
It was released today and was offered ins smxi. I installed it and it is working just fine.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
correct, damentz had it in future, then moved it to main today. Or yesterday, not sure exactly when he moved it.
damentz
Reply Quote
This time around, Zen's 2.6.38 branch is more vanilla than usual since there's less things I thought were necessary to backport. Things, at least, that you would notice.