Standby issue! ( waking up from Standby )
pmo
Reply Quote
Hey forum!

Everytime I wake up my netbook from standby, my desktop is more or less useless.. everything is blinking and I'm not really able to do anything, when I then change TTY and login in cli it fails too because for some reason "Q^^Q^^Q^^Q^^Q^^Q^^..." is flooding in cli.. Have any of you guys/gals experienced this and know a fix? Standby is important to me, as im using a netbook, I hope you can help me :)

kernel: 2.6.37-3.dmz.1-liquorix-686

pmo
damentz
Reply Quote
Suspend issues have been a nail to the foot that stops new linux tourists from effortlessly transitioning from Windows.

All I can do to help is suggest trying my 2.6.38 kernel whenever I get a chance to fully migrate / port everything from my 2.6.37 kernel. I just recently finished the last set of forward ports that you can read on zen-kernel.org: git.zen-kernel.org/zen-stable/

Stay tuned!
update
pmo
Reply Quote
Hey I just wanted to update you on this subject, I updated to 2.6.38-1, this issue doesnt seem to be solved, just a heads up :)
DeepDayze
Reply Quote
Suspend/resume works great on both my desktop and laptop since .37. Some people may have some issues with it on .37 though, but .38 kernel has a lot of improvements in that area so that helps
Re: update
damentz
Reply Quote
:: pmo wrote ::
Hey I just wanted to update you on this subject, I updated to 2.6.38-1, this issue doesnt seem to be solved, just a heads up :)

You don't need to update us with suspend issues. Anyone who has tried installing Linux on a laptop knows that the chance of suspend working on a random laptop is minimal at best.
Henrik
Reply Quote
Power management issues can sometimes be resolved by updating the computers BIOS.

pm-suspend has some quirks that maybe can help. Read the user manual (man pm-suspend) for explanations.
Re: update
pmo
Reply Quote
:: damentz wrote ::
:: pmo wrote ::

You don't need to update us with suspend issues. Anyone who has tried installing Linux on a laptop knows that the chance of suspend working on a random laptop is minimal at best.

Well I have been using Linux since the 90's, first time I have this issue.. both on debian and ubuntu this kernel breaks "standby" but works fine with the stock kernels.. and only other issues I really have had with this before, was cuz of the swapfile being too small :)