How damentz creates the kernel packages?
simonbcn
Reply Quote
@damentz, I use Ubuntu 10.04 32 bits and I compile/create the kernel packages with:
:: Code ::
make-kpkg --rootcmd fakeroot --initrd --append-to-version=$version --revision=1 kernel_image kernel_headers

But when I install both packages, in /lib/modules/(name_kernel_compiled) it creates two links (sources and build) pointing to folder with sources, from I've compiled.
Your packages don't create the source folder but the build folder point to correct folder:
:: Code ::
/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.37-0.dmz.7-liquorix-686/

I think this is a Ubuntu bug that I've reported here: bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/kernel-package/+bug/702293
How you compile/create the kernel package?
damentz
Reply Quote
Treat the liquorix package like any other debian package. You don't need to use make-kpkg if you can avoid it.
simonbcn
Reply Quote
:: damentz wrote ::
Treat the liquorix package like any other debian package. You don't need to use make-kpkg if you can avoid it.

I know, but I want compile my own kernel with some modifications in config.
And when I compile with make-kpkg occurs the problem I explained before.
How do you create the packages of liquorix kernel? Your packages are correct.
Thanks.
damentz
Reply Quote
I already explained, treat it like a debian package. Do you know how to get the package source for other debian packages?

Try using apt-get source, and just look through the debian folder in the extacted source. You'll want to use dch to update the package version, debian/config/defines to update the kernel version, and debian/config/kernelarch-x86/ (look in the folder) to update the configuration.

By updating those, you can spin your own kernel series.