Compile error with 37.0-5.patch and BFS
simonbcn
Reply Quote
Hi,
I've tried to compile the 2.6.37 kernel with 37.0-5.patch and activating BFS but I receive this compile error:
:: Code ::
In file included from kernel/sched.c:2:
kernel/sched_bfs.c:3393: error: conflicting types for ‘wait_for_completion_interruptible_timeout’
include/linux/completion.h:84: note: previous declaration of ‘wait_for_completion_interruptible_timeout’ was here
kernel/sched_bfs.c:3398: error: conflicting types for ‘wait_for_completion_interruptible_timeout’
include/linux/completion.h:84: note: previous declaration of ‘wait_for_completion_interruptible_timeout’ was here
kernel/sched_bfs.c:3426: error: conflicting types for ‘wait_for_completion_killable_timeout’
include/linux/completion.h:86: note: previous declaration of ‘wait_for_completion_killable_timeout’ was here
kernel/sched_bfs.c:3431: error: conflicting types for ‘wait_for_completion_killable_timeout’
include/linux/completion.h:86: note: previous declaration of ‘wait_for_completion_killable_timeout’ was here
kernel/sched_bfs.c:3948: error: conflicting types for ‘sched_setscheduler’
include/linux/sched.h:2069: note: previous declaration of ‘sched_setscheduler’ was here
kernel/sched_bfs.c:3954: error: conflicting types for ‘sched_setscheduler’
include/linux/sched.h:2069: note: previous declaration of ‘sched_setscheduler’ was here
kernel/sched_bfs.c:3967: error: conflicting types for ‘sched_setscheduler_nocheck’
include/linux/sched.h:2071: note: previous declaration of ‘sched_setscheduler_nocheck’ was here
make[2]: *** [kernel/sched.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [kernel] Error 2

Is it my fault or a bug of this patch?
damentz
Reply Quote
You'll probably want to use the Zen-Kernel sources, git.zen-kernel.org/zen-stable/. I push changes to those after I've fixed build errors for typical configuration scenarios that are different than mine.
simonbcn
Reply Quote
ok, thanks. I'll try this.
simonbcn
Reply Quote
I'm compiling this kernel with:
exec make kpkg_version=12.036+nmu1 -f /usr/share/kernel-package/ruleset/minimal.mk debian DEBIAN_REVISION=1  APPEND_TO_VERSION=-20110128.1  INITRD=YES  ROOT_CMD=fakeroot

But the packages are created with this name:
linux-headers-2.6.37-zen0-20110128.1+_1_i386.deb
linux-image-2.6.37-zen0-20110128.1+_1_i386.deb

Why the plus symbol? It's annoying. How can I modify this behaviour?
Regards.
damentz
Reply Quote
That's weird, try this guide here: zen-kernel.org/tutorials/distribution-specific-installation/debian-ubuntu-installation

It's old but still relevant.