Trying to customize/compile liquorix kernel 2.36.7
simonbcn
Reply Quote
Hi,
I use Ubuntu Lucid 32 bits.
I've compiled the 2.6.37 kernel with the patches and config of liquorix kernel but when I restart with this compiled kernel, Ubuntu doesn't start. The screen goes black and the system hangs.

The patch is applied correctly and the compilation finish correctly too.

I have used the 2.6.37 sources from kernel.org. I've download the patch from liquorix.net/sources/37.0-1.patch.gz and the config is the liquorix config with some changes to adapt it better to my system and Ubuntu: db.tt/TeFcsiQ

The original kernel 2.6.37-0.dmz.1-liquorix-686 (installed from .deb) runs correctly in my system.

Any idea of the problem? How can I detect the problem if there isn't any output?
Thanks.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
rather than make damentz read through your changes, why not list them explicitly?

Since the kernel untouched installs and runs on your system, it's obvious some change you did is the culprit, so why not list them here explicitly to save people the time of going through your configs?
damentz
Reply Quote
You might want to try switching back to gzip compression for the kernel image.
simonbcn
Reply Quote
:: damentz wrote ::
You might want to try switching back to gzip compression for the kernel image.

Thanks, but that isn't the problem. I have installed the LZO libraries and I have compiled other kernels with this method.

I have compiled the kernel with patch and liquorix config (without to change nothing) and the kernel doesn't start. I don't understand.
I create the deb packages with:
:: Code ::
make mrproper
make menuconfig (I do the changes)
fakeroot make-kpkg --initrd kernel-image kernel-headers

I have compiled in this manner the kernel 2.6.36.2 without problems.
I will do other tests.
Any clue?
damentz
Reply Quote
I'll be working on the next package for 2.6.37. Not sure when I'll be uploading it since a patch I integrated doesn't revert cleanly and will require me to rebase all the patches again.

Stay tuned.