Transparent Hugepage Support
PhysicistJames
Reply Quote
I've been reading a few articles that cover the new technologies that might be incorporated into newer kernel such as the 200 or 4 line speed patch and increases in performance that results from these patches. I have very recently read an article on the popular site Phoronix about speeding up the linux kernel through something called transparent hugepage. Can anyone explain exactly what this and what it does and if this will be incorporated into the liquorix kernels?
TheExplorer
Reply Quote
Have you tried this one first?

< Edited by TheExplorer :: Jan 7, 11, 12:01 >

damentz
Reply Quote
This patch set will only apply cleanly to 2.6.37. Don't expect a 2.6.37 kernel too soon for Liquorix, I still need to rebase all the patches, features, and toss the ones that are no longer necessary to get the behavior I want.

You can watch the progress on git.zen-kernel.org/zen-stable/
TheExplorer
Reply Quote
damentz, please be careful as I have tried already this patch and while reinstalling the official NVidia drivers I got a lot of errors on the console including the words 'split_huge_pages'. Something got broken...
damentz
Reply Quote
Thanks for the tip. I'll be on the lookout for anything peculiar before releasing a build.