Mozilla Firefox Release Candidate 1 out, excellent
erikZ
Reply Quote
The firefox team is working overtime, I wondered what they would have fixed, when I downloaded release candidate 1, I saw two immedate huge fixes.

No need to hunt down the real audio player and mount it manually, it worked, it connected, very nice.

When I visited a website with a flash object, no need to manually go get it from that incomprehensible plugin webpage mozilla has always relied on, no, now the process is automated, a bar appears asking if you'd like to download the required component, the popup box comes asking if you'd like to install the software, click yes, and you're set.

These were really the last two major obstacles to the 1.0 release, big cheers for having the sense to allow some more userfriendliness to creep in, nice going mozilla team.

Everything else works flawlessly, although the lack of more tab controls means that tabbed browsing doesn't work as cleanly as it should, too often a new window opens, personally I use 'tab browser extensions', [the extension usually isn't available through the standard mozilla extensions site] which is a very robust control system for tabs, but it's got too many options for most users, the only ones really missing is: always open link in same browser, one browser instance only, user initiated new browser only.