A PAE (bigmem) version of Liquorix 2.6.36-1 available here.
GMaq
Reply Quote
Hi

I've noticed a lot of PAE requests here and I can totally understand why damentz does not want to open that can of worms when so much of his time is consumed just doing a regular non-PAE build. PAE is incompatible with some Pentium M processors and also adds some system overhead so damentz would either have to lose some 'customers' with older unsupported CPU's or halve his development time producing builds of both PAE and non-PAE which would not be reasonable IMHO.

I have recently started using Liquorix for my AV Linux distribution and have selected 2.6.36-1 for my next release. Some folks on my forum asked me to have a PAE version as an alternate post-install kernel so I built one from Liquorix source, the only config change is PAE enabled and the Debian logo at bootup.

I thought I'd link it here for folks looking for a bigmem (PAE) Kernel. Please be aware that this will not be a regular occurence and also if you have a problem with it don't bug damentz since he didn't build it.

Here it is: www.bandshed.net/kernels/
GMaq
Reply Quote
Hi,

I have updated the base Kernel for this PAE to 2.6.36-2.dmz.5 to take advantage of the fixed flash issue, links in the post above are still valid.

Big props to damentz!
damentz
Reply Quote
Hmm, I'll go ahead and sticky this.
PAE 2.6.36-3.dmz.2
GMaq
Reply Quote
Hi,

I've updated and built a PAE version of 2.6.36-3.dmz.2 due to some rare residual audio device issues on the previous 2.6.36-2.dmz.5.

Image: www.bandshed.net/kernels/linux-image-2.6.36-liquorix-2.6.36-3.dmz.2-avlinux-pae_2.6.36-liquorix-2.6.36-3.dmz.2-avlinux-pae-10.00.Custom_i386.deb

Headers: www.bandshed.net/kernels/linux-headers-2.6.36-liquorix-2.6.36-3.dmz.2-avlinux-pae_2.6.36-liquorix-2.6.36-3.dmz.2-avlinux-pae-10.00.Custom_i386.deb

Enjoy! Huge thanks again to damentz for the sources.
Kernel FTP Changed
GMaq
Reply Quote
Hi,

Since this is a Sticky I can't edit this, I have changed my Kernel ftp with images and headers together in Zips so unfortunately the links above are invalid. However the 2.6.36-3.dmz.2-PAE can still be found here: www.bandshed.net/kernels/2.6.36-3.dmz.2-PAE.zip

For those who may be interested there is also a selection of -RT Kernels (non-Liquorix) here: www.bandshed.net/kernels/

@damentz

Please feel free to edit or delete these posts to make things simpler.
PAE Support and Liquorix 2.6.37/38
GMaq
Reply Quote
Hi,

I seems that something in the Zen memory allocation conflicts with or perhaps intentionally doesn't support PAE. To clarify I haven't been able to build any PAE updates throughout the 2.6.37-38 series due to compilation failures and that is why there haven't been any updates since the existing 2.6.36 offering.

Just thought I'd point that out.
damentz
Reply Quote
Well, maybe 2.6.39 will offer something better. What errors are you get when you're building?