The ~200 Line Linux Kernel Patch That Does Wonders
habtool
Reply Quote
www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=linux_2637_video&num=1

Sorry if this is of no interest..

Its a new patch that seems to be inline with what users of liquorix kernels are seeking.

The articles indicates that it will only be in 2.6.38. which seems a lifetime away ;)

So just a heads up if you missed this article
nutellajunkie
Reply Quote
This is what brought me to this forum :)

I look forward to learning about how liquorix works for me!
TheExplorer
Reply Quote
You are free to use it with 2.6.36 without even patching the kernel :)
Just read about it here.
nutellajunkie
Reply Quote
And thats all I have to do to enable it ? :)
Kamek
Reply Quote
I went with this guide: www.webupd8.org/2010/11/alternative-to-200-lines-kernel-patch.html

What I want to know is is this necessary on 2.6.36-0.dmz.14-liquorix-686 #1 ZEN SMP PREEMPT i686 GNU/Linux or does it already have the patch applied?

I get horrible ui lag when working with large files, mounting my 32gb C10 SD Card, or moving/copying large files to the sd card. Is there any way to improve the ui lag when working with large files?
damentz
Reply Quote
By running the scripts on that site you doing both userspace grouping of tasks. With your version of liquorix, kernel space grouping of tasks is already enabled and you don't need to worry about it.

And regarding the UI lag, that's a problem in Linux I've been monitoring for a solution for. It looks like you'll need to wait until at least 2.6.37 for me to try some new patches that are being discussed on the linux kernel mailing list. I've tried to backport them but the differences between 2.6.36 and the 2.6.37 release candidates make it impossible to do without introducing new bugs or backporting a large portion of the 2.6.37 commits available on kernel.org.
Kamek
Reply Quote
Awesome, thanks man. Compiling your new kernel now. Hopefully when 2.6.37 hits someone can figure that problem out. Though it doesn't seem to be as big a deal now that I switched to Arch/Openbox, but I haven't had a chance to really push the system yet.