/home/<user>/.kde/tmp-localhost
/orbit
Reply Quote
I'm running KDE 4.5 on a debian sid system.

Files are beginning to pile up (650MiB) in my /.kde/tmp-localhost directory and I want to get rid of all of them or at least some of the older ones.

I can't find a way in System-Settings to clear out these files. So is it OK to manually delete them or does anyone know a method of clearing them automatically say at shutdown?
techAdmin
Reply Quote
those should be removed automatically at shutdown, you might want to try to find out why they aren't, maybe it's a glitch in the experimental 4.5?

In any case, you can dump them. all I see in there are log files. I do see one binary called ksyscoca, make sure of what you're deleting before you remove it, but any log file should be fine to delete, .log that is.
/home/<user>/.kde/tmp-localhost
/orbit
Reply Quote
techAdmin: thank you for your reply.

From some googling AFAICT there is no general way of controlling the files in /home/<user>/.kde/tmp-localhost. Similarly, and unlike KDE 3.5, there doesn't appear to be a convenient way to delete thumbnails.

Also I must apologies for posting my version of KDE as 4.5. This is a typo as my KDE version is actually version 4.4.5.