Page: 1, 2  Next

kernel26-lqx for Arch Linux
Anonymo
Reply Quote
I setup PKGBUILDs in Arch Linux for the Liquorix patches based on another PKGBUILD which is excellent from kernel26-bfs.

It's here
aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39882

and nvidia PKGBUILD
aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=39883

If you can take a look and see if anything could be done better. I'm not a coder and am quite noobish, so if any corrections need to be made, please be specific.

I am running the kernel and nvidia packages, so I know they work.
damentz
Reply Quote
This is nice, finally something to replace the other liquorix PKGBUILD. I responded to you on your package comments.
Anonymo
Reply Quote
Got some errors while trying to patch...
I'm going to try it again without the ARCH patches, which are some patches added by the devs.

With ARCH patches error:
pastebin.com/ZZTA3z5R

Without ARCH patches error:
pastebin.com/1fp3XE3i

I'll try this later, I'm tired.
damentz
Reply Quote
It doesn't look like you are applying the liquorix patches directly to the 2.6.35 source. Remember, 2.6.35.2 is already included in the liquorix... so that may explain all the offers to reverse the patch instead.
Anonymo
Reply Quote
That's convenient!! I guess I didn't understand that .2 was included in the patch.

I re-did the PKGBUILD and everything started patching good until it got to the realtek sound part:
pastebin.com/7cszKGJq

and it aborted at the sound part below too
damentz
Reply Quote
:: Quote ::
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Skipping patch.

This shouldn't occur anywhere in the patching. All this means is that you're not using the original 2.6.35 source to patch the kernel.
Anonymo
Reply Quote
I fixed it. Had to many {}s surrounding the patchname.
Anonymo
Reply Quote
damentz,

Have you seen this project? Looks great too.

pf-kernel.org.ua/
damentz
Reply Quote
pf-kernel looks interesting but it overlaps the purpose of the zen-kernel in many ways... but at the same time differs with more simplicity and this odd IMQ patch set; I'll have to read more on that.

It would be nice if this guy would join forces on the zen-kernel team so that there would be less work for the developers and more rewards for our users of the sources though.
Anonymo
Reply Quote
I don't know if anyone else was getting random freezes with the previous kernel?

I can't really specify what caused it, since it froze the entire PC. Haven't checked logs, which would I check?

Haven't tried the new one but it's updated on AUR. Any changelog for this one or just updated config?

I like how Linux Mint is recommending your kernel. Congrats! By the way, my name is Raul, I live in the Houston area. I don't have facebook, myspace or twitter. Reddit is > Digg. No comparison at all. ;P
Page: 1, 2  Next