Graphics: Card ATI RV370 5B60 [Radeon X300 (PCIE)
deach
Reply Quote
OK I guess I need some help here. Upon boot up I have scrambled video (for those of you old enough looks like the horizontal hold is totally off). During my session I have frequent lockups on multiple things. I believe it is all traced to the video drivers. I'm not sure exactly what i should post to have everyone (anyone) help me but I'll get it all out there. I did use smxi to install the video stuff I currently have on here......it was working pretty well till several weeks ago and has now just gone bonkers.

Thanks in advance
Deach
eriefisher
Reply Quote
Which driver are you currently using?

You may want to run sgfxi and install the radeon driver.
deach
Reply Quote
ok I will try that immediately. I think I chose the xorg free one. I know it put xorg.conf back in and honestly I don't remember having one. I'll try sgfxi now nothing to loose really. Thanks Erie.
deach
Reply Quote
OK that got me nowhere but good try. the response was an error, something about them dropping the FGLRX support of my card at 9.4.

Sorry don't know how to copy and past from a terminal. showed error 221 though if that helps at all.

I am running sidux if that matters at all.

Thanks
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Try this: sgfxi -N radeon

that will make sure you are running the radeon driver. no fglrx support for that card since a while ago.

If that doesn't work, not sure what the issue is, card might be bad, check booting a livecd too and see how that is.
deach
Reply Quote
Thanks, that one at least went thru. Still not right however I'll start looking for a different card or maybe even computer. This one is getting a little bit dated I guess. I"ll check with a live CD and see what happens also just to report back.

Thanks,
Deach

EDIT: FWIW I booted to three live CDs they were all fine. (Fedora, Puppy, & Dream linux) I'll keep digging thanks for Trying though.

Deach