kernel modules
miks
Reply Quote
I have been happily running liquorix kernels since 2.6.29 on sidux and squeeze. I am playing around with remastersys and would like to remaster my squeeze install with your 2.26.31 kernel. Remastersys needs a kernel with the aufs and squashfs or lzma modules and these do not seem to be available using smxi. Can you advise whether these modules can be added?
Thanks
damentz
Reply Quote
My kernels have everything you need built in.

:: Code ::
$ cat /boot/config-2.6.31-6.dmz.3-liquorix-amd64 | egrep -i 'lzma|aufs_fs|squashfs'
CONFIG_HAVE_KERNEL_LZMA=y
# CONFIG_KERNEL_LZMA is not set
CONFIG_RD_LZMA=y
CONFIG_SQUASHFS=m
CONFIG_SQUASHFS_LZMA=y
# CONFIG_SQUASHFS_EMBEDDED is not set
CONFIG_SQUASHFS_FRAGMENT_CACHE_SIZE=3
CONFIG_AUFS_FS=m
CONFIG_DECOMPRESS_LZMA=y
CONFIG_DECOMPRESS_LZMA_NEEDED=y

miks
Reply Quote
Thanks for confirming that damentz.
dzz
Reply Quote
for lzma you need squashfs-lzma-tools from grml

remastersys can't do lzma yet (nor grub2) so you would have to build the cd manually. The installer might work
eriefisher
Reply Quote
I have tried remastersys and the mepis script to remaster a live cd and they both complain about aufs and squashfs. As damentz explained the kernel is built with them but there are not seen by either.

I finally gave up trying and haven't pursued it further.
dzz
Reply Quote
there is a new remastersys for recent kernels with those module requirements removed. You can't use grub2 yet.

www.geekconnection.org/remastersys/repository/squeeze/remastersys_2.0.19-1_all.deb
damentz
Reply Quote
Thanks, dzz.

You reminded me about the updated remastersys tool.

mdmarmer brought this up but it has left my mind since.
mdmarmer
Reply Quote
Remastersys -- works fine with sidux kernels and mepis kernels
-- for some reason it does not work with recent liquorix kernels -- it generates an iso but the iso does not boot properly

-- if your kernel has aufs or squashfs (mepis, sidux, liquorix and kanotix kernels all do), you will get an error message anyhow -- this is just a warning -- generally remastersys will continue and build the iso -- if remastersys fails, there is some other problem

My system is built with liquorix kernel. I have been including a sidux kernel as well and using the sidux kernel to boot when I use remastersys to build the iso. I don't know why I'm not able to use the liquorix kernel with remastersys.

Mike