mepis data please
techAdmin
Reply Quote
I should probably make smxi see mepis, can someone paste the contents of all the relevant id files?

/etc/issue

/etc/debian_version

/etc/lsb-release (if present)

and anything else you know about I can parse to get mepis.

I'm not worried that much about older mepis data, from version 8.0 is fine, but if you have the older ones too, that's good, paste the cat of each file you know about.
Re: mepis data please
ko
Reply Quote
:: techAdmin wrote ::
I should probably make smxi see mepis, can someone paste the contents of all the relevant id files?

/etc/issue

Debian GNU/Linux 5.0 \n \l
:: Quote ::

/etc/debian_version

/etc/lsb-release (if present)

DISTRIB_ID=MEPIS
DISTRIB_RELEASE=8.0
DISTRIB_CODENAME=lenny
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="MEPIS 8.0 (upgradable from Debian etch)"

and anything else you know about I can parse to get mepis.

I'm not worried that much about older mepis data, from version 8.0 is fine, but if you have the older ones too, that's good, paste the cat of each file you know about.

This is for Mepis 8.0.12 (currently latest version). i don't use previous versions anymore.

Regards, ko
eriefisher
Reply Quote
This might be a bit of a challenge due to Mepis having it's own repo of packages and it being the prime repo over debian.

I just installed the latest Mepis kernel which works great. I originally tried to use smxi to due this but it failed with something about apt-mepis. Unfortunately I did not get more info for you, sorry.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
smxi doesn't support mepis kernels, there are no mepis kernel image metapackages, which is what smxi reads to find the actual current kernel verison in the repo.

All the code is in for mepis kernels, but it won't work until mepis makes metapackages and puts them into their repos, like:

linux-image-2.6-mepis-686

Good to see Mepis using the nice, user friendly, intuitive, lsb-release file, too bad debian decided not to use that simple tool. That's why mepis detections should be reasonably reliable.