iotaka
Reply Quote
New VirtualBox: 3.1.6
techAdmin
Reply Quote
svmi updated, thanks.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Changed default download location from /usr/src/vmware-downloads /usr/src/vbox-downloads to:
/usr/src/svmi-downloads/[vbox|vmware]

This makes it less likely to ever conflict with any other package names, and also makes it easier to implement cleanup functions, since less to look for.
iotaka
Reply Quote
New VirtualBox 3.1.8
techAdmin
Reply Quote
svmi updated, thanks
drb
Reply Quote
I'm getting a wget error when I try and download 3.1.8 . . .

The naming nomenclature looks strange on the virtualbox site - "~" in stead of "_" in two places in the file name
techAdmin
Reply Quote
have I mentioned how much I hate the inability of geeks to stick to a simple file name convention?

Why this has to be the case is totally beyond me, I mean, who decided that it was imperative to use ~ instead of _?

That's either a bug or oversight or it's a stupid pointless geek decision that was done for a bad reason. This type of idiocy remains the reason I refuse to recommend virtualbox for anything other than home user, or disposable guest type, testing.

To me what I"m finding is the difference between pro level work like vmware and nvidia is NOT the free vs non free source code, but the discipline and consistency of the top quality stuff.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
ok, added a dynamic separator method, I am increasingly convinced that such random renames are a key identifier for inferior programming groups, why? because such a change is totally pointless, achieves nothing, yet someone in the vbox group decided it was important to do that. In other words, someone has so little skill that they are focusing on a trivial point that doesn't matter, and using their time to change it, for no reason. They probably also had a meeting about it.

I noticed this type of problem with the fglrx group as well, constant little stupid changes, to this day, never able to actually stay with a decision, always adjusting pointless things while the core things for some reason never really get working right. Ie, lack of skill...
techAdmin
Reply Quote
a few bug fixes, having to add a 3rd string construction primary variable is absurd, but that's life when dealing with this stuff.

Of all my scripts, svmi is most likely to be dropped first, though I still use it so I guess I'll keep it going for a while longer.
iotaka
Reply Quote
New VirtualBox 3.2.0
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next