Do not buy Asus products if you need warranty support
techAdmin
Reply Quote
I have a dead ASUS video card, and I assumed I'd be able to get the 3 year warranty service, as you'd assume any normal company would do.

For instance, with antec, I call antec warranty, and get service, and replacements. Same for seagate, etc. I have used these services, and will continue to use and recommend these products due to the excellent warranty service I have received from this kind of vendor.

But, as I found in this asus warranty thread, this is not the case with Asus.

Following the lead in that thread, I went to the Asus warranty page and saw that, much to my dismay, the alleged 3 year warranty in fact does not exist.

:: Quote ::

Motherboard 3 Year
All ASUS motherboard purchased after November 1st, 1999 will carry 3 year limited warranty services. ASUS product warranty is based on the serial number printed.

Note: Warranty void for user removing serial number sticker on the motherboard .
Please contact your reseller

and so on, you see? This is what non existent warranty service looks like.

So I checked the reseller, geeks.com in this case, return page, which, like most online stores, only offers a fixed day return option, 30 in most cases, and notes:

:: Quote ::
Products sold with a Manufacturer or Direct Warranty must be returned directly to the product manufacturer for repair or replacement. For these items, the warranty policy from the product manufacturer explicitly requires that any returns, repairs etc. be requested and processed directly by the consumer (or "end-user") of the item.

You see immediately the catch 22 here, right? Call asus, they send you to the store you bought it from, go to the store, and they send you, correctly, back to asus.

Result: you got screwed, it's a lie, a false warranty. I'm still going to try to deal directly with Asus, but be warned before you give these guys your money, check the warranty return policy, and do not buy from companies that do not actually service or support their own warranties.

So remember this next time you are considering what company to give your money to.