Setting up mod_ssl and OpenSS on Apache
techAdmin
Reply Quote
There is a really well done tutorial on jm-solutions.com for setting up mod_ssl and OpenSS on your local Apache development server. It includes links to the required files, and much more.

:: Quote ::
This page will describe the required software and tools to get Secure Sockets Layer, SSL, up and running under Windows 2000 using the Apache server....

In addition, setting up a server, for me, is a one time process. I set it up, forget it and move on to development and that is exactly what will happen - I will forget it. This page will be a valuable tool for reinstalling the server...with SSL support.

Although you can find this information scattered around the net, this tutorial is very clear, and very well written, and should serve as a model for creating howto's in general.

Good work jm-solutions!!

You can also find a good tutorial on setting up unix/linux ssl here. It's pretty complete.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Here's another tutorial on setting up SSL on Debian - Apache 2. This one comes from the people at debian-administration.org.

It covers the whole process, from installing Apache 2 to generating the certificates and all that. If you've never done this, let me tell you, setting up SSL on Linux is a whole lot easier than setting it up on Windows. And setting it up on Debian systems is really slick.