[RESOLVED] Error accessing liquorix repo
darose
Reply Quote
Pacman started giving me errors today when trying to update from the liquorix repo:

:: Code ::

liquorix.db failed to download
error: failed retrieving file 'liquorix.db' from liquorix.net : Could not resolve host: cdn.liquorix.net
warning: too many errors from liquorix.net, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed to synchronize all databases (invalid url for server)

Any idea what's up?
damentz
Reply Quote
Is it still throwing errors? It may take up to 48 hours from my change yesterday for everything to calm down, but if you drop your DNS cache it should all work.
darose
Reply Quote
Looks like working now.
damentz
Reply Quote
Great! Will mark as resolved.
Licaon_kter
Reply Quote
Great, now, can you unblock Tor in CF settings please? Thanks
damentz
Reply Quote
:: Quote ::
Great, now, can you unblock Tor in CF settings please? Thanks

No explanation, links, anything (this violates "I tried nothing and I'm out of ideas" in forum README)? This can easily be read as, please make your website less secure for me because I won't do any work on my end to solve this.

Regardless, there's no "off" button, but I can simply stop challenges to IPs except for the the worst IP reputations: developers.cloudflare.com/fundamentals/security/security-level/

I also do have Onion Routing enabled, which helps terminate connections in cloudflare's network instead of a traditional exit node: developers.cloudflare.com/support/firewall/learn-more/understanding-cloudflare-tor-support-and-onion-routing/. Maybe this is making things worse?

Anyways, you must have done your research since you told me what to do, so let me know what I actually need to do. Thanks.

EDIT: And I also just realized, R2 buckets that are serving cdn.liquorix.net have no controls over everything I linked. Since you didn't explain what doesn't work I have no idea what doesn't work for you.
Licaon_kter
Reply Quote
Last kernel update was 6.4.7-1 and since then all I saw was:
:: Code ::

$ apt update
Err:12 tor+https://liquorix.net/debian sid InRelease                                                                                                                                                                                         
  403  Forbidden [IP: 127.0.0.1 9050]

...hence my conclusion that CF settings were b0rk (not the first interaction with CF) as other machines using non-Tor apt were updating fine

That being said, I've removed my apt source file and rerun the installer and now it works, either you've fixed something in the backend or not, thanks. :)
damentz
Reply Quote
Ah, thanks for the explanation. And yes, I reduced the protection from Cloudflare to their lowest setting of "effectively off", which only blocks IPs that have the highest threat level, per whatever metric they use internally.

Glad it's all working now.