[RESOLVED] Kernel 6.4 is crashing during startup on AMD Ryzen 5700X AMD 6600 graphics
timattrn
Reply Quote
Hi. I use the Liquorix PPA on Ubuntu 22.04. It has been flawless until 6.4, which arrived on my machine yesterday. It won't boot. The first strange problem is that the password entry for luks password is very slow. The check disk is very slow. The graphical login to the wayland ubuntu session begins, but it never gets to the GUI greeter; the machine restarts. This happens every time I have tried.

Is this the correct place to report bugs?
techAdmin
Reply Quote
first.

Second, please use the correct terminology, your system is booting, but something is happening during boot and maybe during Wayland compositor load.

Using the wrong terms misdirects attention from people who might be able to help you.

Use the previous kernel from grub bootloader to generate that inxi data.
timattrn
Reply Quote
Sorry. I posted an issue on the PPA github, there is very little traffic here but thanks for answering.

It got nowhere near starting the compositor, it did not even start the systemd journal logs. And problems were visible even entering the luks encryption. It was correct to describe this as not booting, in my opinion.
I changed some AMD-specific kernel command line parameters and it has booted every time since then.
https://github.com/damentz/liquorix-package/issues/134

I have not tried reproducing. If more people have a similar problem, I will try to reproduce and then post inxi data, and I will do that in future.
'