USB quirk
AlkuK
Reply Quote
Hi. Thank you kindly for Liquorix. I'm happily using the latest AV-Linux (MX-Linux-based) and recently got a Novation USB keyboard, which is not 'USB class compliant'. It's recognized by the OS, but it doesn't function, per se.

I've found two solution-ish lanes, here. One of which is modifying the kernel ( https://askubuntu.com/a/1140863 - thanks for the cross-platform eyes ). Also: thanks to "GMaq" for pointing me toward you all.

Could you help? As a Finnish user of Linux, I'm not the first one, nor the savviest, at this point, summer 2023.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
You don't want to deal with non class compliant usb devices on Linux kernels, that's a total waste of time.

Trying to keep up with such things is crazy, and would just end up causing big headaches, unless damentz of course finds trying to keep up on such things a good way to spend his time, which I doubt he does.

Just get rid of the keyboard and get one that is usb class compliant and call it learning experience.
damentz
Reply Quote
Some searching around, looks like you want to use this: github.com/hansfbaier/ultranova4linux

I don't have that device and am unfamiliar with the project, so you're on your own to make it work.
AlkuK
Reply Quote
:: damentz wrote ::
Some searching around, looks like you want to use this: https://github.com/hansfbaier/ultranova4linux

I don't have that device and am unfamiliar with the project, so you're on your own to make it work.

Hi. Unfortunate to hear. Are you overworked? I hope you have a relaxing summer.

(The piece of blip you pointed out is unnecessarily dependent and yet to be weaned off JACK, which is unnecessary for this application - and no: it doesn't play ball with my setups)

Oh, and AV-Linux is among the longest standing AV-focused Linux distros (as a compatriot of LinuX T.: big up AV-Linux).

All the best to you. God bless.