[RESOLVED] hibernate not working with kernel 6.3, worked with 6.2
mdmarmer
Reply Quote
with 6.3, hibernate takes proper snapshot but system doesn't shut down
i have 6.3.4-1 and 6.2.15-1 installed

< Edited by mdmarmer :: May 31, 23, 10:29 >

damentz
Reply Quote
Can you reproduce with any non-Liquorix 6.3 kernel?
don't know
mdmarmer
Reply Quote
thanks, damentz. do u have suggestions to debug this problem? this laptop system won't boot with siduction kernel 6.3, and i don't have hibernate set up on my desktop. maybe i will set up on there soon -- swap is a disk file on desktop but not that hard to get hibernate set up anyway.
damentz
Reply Quote
The best advice I can give is to try reading through this guide to pinpoint what is most likely causing the issue: 01.org/blogs/rzhang/2015/best-practice-debug-linux-suspend/hibernate-issues

It'll be slow and grueling but at least you'll be able to identify the problematic subsystem, or even get a useful stack trace to go off of. Otherwise, I don't use hibernate myself, so I don't have a means to test if any of my systems are affected. However, suspend does work on all my laptops so I know at least that's not broken (for my hardware).
got to boot with siduction-amd64
mdmarmer
Reply Quote
i removed pci=nocrs and laptop system boots with siduction 6.3 kernel. hibernate locks screen, does not take snapshot or anything else. thanks again
Fixed now with 6.3.5-1-liquorix-amd64 kernel!
mdmarmer
Reply Quote
hibernate working correctly with new kernel
damentz
Reply Quote
Thanks for verifying, looks like it was an upstream issue fixed in 6.3.5. Will mark as resolved.