Page: 1, 2  Next

[RESOLVED] Invalid GPG signature of Bullseye (Debian) APT repository
mcgiwer
Reply Quote
Hello. I wanted to report that the GPG signature of the Bullseye (Debian) APT repository for Liquirix is invalid and it does return the following error message while attempting to import it:

:: Code ::
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found

Could that become urgently fixed? Thanks[/code]
damentz
Reply Quote
I'm not sure where your output is coming from. I tried installing Liquorix from a fresh Debian Bullseye image and everything installed without an error.

curl 'https://liquorix.net/add-liquorix-repo.sh' | sudo bash

Are you installing Liquorix in some manner that doesn't match the website?

Also as usual, provide inxi -b output so we can some idea of what your system is, if it even is Debian.
mcgiwer
Reply Quote
:: damentz wrote ::
I'm not sure where your output is coming from. I tried installing Liquorix from a fresh Debian Bullseye image and everything installed without an error.

curl 'https://liquorix.net/add-liquorix-repo.sh' | sudo bash

Are you installing Liquorix in some manner that doesn't match the website?

Also as usual, provide inxi -b output so we can some idea of what your system is, if it even is Debian.

The both codes: repository URL and shell code to download the signature was generated thru a repository generator
damentz
Reply Quote
:: Quote ::
The both codes: repository URL and shell code to download the signature was generated thru a repository generator

Do you mean the install script on the website?
damentz
Reply Quote
After testing through the debian:bullseye Docker image, I also did a full install using the ISO here: cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/current/amd64/iso-cd/debian-11.6.0-amd64-netinst.iso

Ran the install script (required installing curl first, and removing sudo), as root. It installed successfully without errors or warnings.

I marked this thread as invalid since this can't be reproduced on a vanilla Debian installation.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
:: Quote ::

That suggests a 3rd party tool that did something wrong, which would make this an invalid issue, as you said.

Only valid issue is if you use the install script from liquorix.net and it fails on that on a standard debian system that is actually working and complete.
mcgiwer
Reply Quote
I had even manually downloaded the GPG file from the Liquirix server and while trying to import it, I had recieved the same output.

I did the rest on Antix, without any containers anr virtualizations
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Ask the AntiX guys if they have had any issues installing Liquorix, people there use it, so if there were any actual issues they would have seen them.

There's so many things that can go wrong, corrupted iso installer file, etc, it's really not possible to make guesses.
wildstar84
Reply Quote
Hi, I'm an antiX Bullseye user and when I run apt-get update, I also have been getting a similar warning message (not sure what to do to fix it), however, updating Liquorix, it updates and runs without issue. I'm concerned though that it's going to eventually become an error in future, unless I find/figure out how to fix it?

W: liquorix.net/debian/dists/testing/InRelease: Key is stored in legacy trusted.gpg keyring (/etc/apt/trusted.gpg), see the DEPRECATION section in apt-key(8) for details.
N: Skipping acquire of configured file 'main/binary-i386/Packages' as repository 'http://liquorix.net/debian testing InRelease' doesn't support architecture 'i386'
damentz
Reply Quote
It looks like Debian changed their keyring instructions again, I'll update the install script this weekend to match what they suggest here: wiki.debian.org/DebianRepository/UseThirdParty

The deprecation notice may exist forever however, I don't know if their new instructions work on old versions of Debian, so simply try all ways to add a keyring may be necessary.
Page: 1, 2  Next