Kernel Liquorix compiled for Ubuntu
skypce
Reply Quote
Congratulations for this very good kernel. Will be great if you compile it so for Ubuntu.
I try to do it by myself:

<link removed>

i was compilled it but the size, kernel image yours is only 32 mb . my compilled version is about 52 mb.
i was take patch and .config from liquorix.net and apply it to 3.18 kernel downloaded from www.kernel.org . nothing give me errors. regards.
damentz
Reply Quote
Hi skypce,

I removed your link to your kernel build. I'm not saying that your kernel build is wrong in anyway, but that I can't vet it.

Ubuntu users are supported on the latest version (14.10 at the moment), and they can safely install Liquorix from the repository on the front page of www.liquorix.net.
skypce
Reply Quote
Thank you Damenz, i did not know about 14.10? but 14.10 it is not a Long Term Support . will be great if you give support for 12.04 . A ubuntu flavor of liquorix with apparmor modules as default for security instead selinux. thank you.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
:: Quote ::
will be great if you give support for 12.04

What actually would be great is that if someone who felt a need to provide the liquorix kernels for lts ubuntus, ie, someone other than ubuntu, were to volunteer to collaborate and do that work, and the testing, and the debugging, and the issue tracking, and the user support issues.... you know, like when someone using dkms with nvidia or vbox using lts ubuntu packages can't figure out why the new liquorix won't build the new module (since only new drivers/vbox versions support new / latest kernels).