Page: 1, 2  Next

i have problem sgfxi and driver nvidia driver
orvitux
Reply Quote
i run sgfxi normaly and all seem fine but when i reboot,i my monitor show me no signal, i have the kernel 3.13-6 liquorix kernel, i try diferent tings but i have the same error. i hope help me tanks i really apreciate
techAdmin
Reply Quote
show: inxi -bxxx

so we can see your system.

Run: inxi -U
as root first so you get the latest inxi.
orvitux
Reply Quote
inxi -bxxx
System: Host: orvitux Kernel: 3.13-6.dmz.1-liquorix-686 i686 (32 bit, gcc: 4.8.2)
Desktop: MATE 1.6.2 info: mate-panel dm: lightdm Distro: Debian GNU/Linux jessie/sid
Machine: Mobo: FOXCONN model: M61PMV version: FAB 1.1 serial: UY30945113962 Bios: Phoenix version: P07 date: 07/28/2009
CPU: Single core AMD Sempron 140 (-UP-) clocked at 1900.00 MHz
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] bus-ID: 00:0d.0 chip-ID: 10de:03d0
X.org: 1.15.0 driver: N/A tty size: 80x24 Advanced Data: N/A for root
Network: Card: NVIDIA MCP61 Ethernet driver: forcedeth port: ec00 bus-ID: 00:07.0 chip-ID: 10de:03ef
Drives: HDD Total Size: 160.0GB (4.0% used)
Info: Processes: 147 Uptime: 7 min Memory: 816.1/1768.0MB Runlevel: 2 Gcc sys: 4.8.2 alt: 4.6/4.7
Client: Shell (bash 4.3.0 running in mate-terminal) inxi: 1.9.17
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Please don't run inxi as root, show: inxi -bxxx as regular user so I can see what's going on with X drivers.

Also run: sgfxi --debugger
then upload the gz file it creates to: ftp://techpatterns.com/incoming

Or upload it using dropbox or something else like that, and give me the url.
orvitux
Reply Quote
inxi -bxxx
System: Host: orvitux Kernel: 3.13-6.dmz.1-liquorix-686 i686 (32 bit, gcc: 4.8.2)
Desktop: MATE 1.6.2 info: mate-panel dm: lightdm Distro: Debian GNU/Linux jessie/sid
Machine: Mobo: FOXCONN model: M61PMV version: FAB 1.1 Bios: Phoenix version: P07 date: 07/28/2009
CPU: Single core AMD Sempron 140 (-UP-) clocked at 2700.00 MHz
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] bus-ID: 00:0d.0 chip-ID: 10de:03d0
X.Org: 1.15.0 driver: N/A Resolution: 1366x768@60.1hz
GLX Renderer: N/A GLX Version: N/A Direct Rendering: N/A
Network: Card: NVIDIA MCP61 Ethernet driver: forcedeth port: ec00 bus-ID: 00:07.0 chip-ID: 10de:03ef
Drives: HDD Total Size: 160.0GB (4.0% used)
Info: Processes: 143 Uptime: 7 min Memory: 801.5/1768.0MB Runlevel: 2 Gcc sys: 4.8.2 alt: 4.6/4.7
Client: Shell (bash 4.3.0 running in mate-terminal) inxi: 1.9.17

gz file:https://mega.co.nz/#!x0ZkFCoJ!G2z50XV54_SYx-9mYXzfpxNbI0rVRYGl4AQkhRRxZ_o

tank you for help me and u atention
techAdmin
Reply Quote
That shows me at least one new thing that sgfxi failed to handle, so try running sgfxi again and see if it works.

If it works, let me know, if it doesn't, run the sgfxi --debugger again and upload the gz file again, the new one.
sedonix
Reply Quote
Hey, you fixed a minor problem I've had for a long time that I've never mentioned. I would have to do sgfxi twice, since the first try would bring me back to a prompt. It showed what looked like a bunch of random characters at the end of the first try but they don't show up in any logs. I won't know what to do with that extra minute in my life now.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
such minor errors persist because the people who experience them have never actually gone through the bug reporting/issue tracking process that lets me figure out what is going on.

Part of that is my fault because I never had a debugger in sgfxi, now I do, and it's expanding rapidly as I get new cases.

The only thing fixed on this specific issue was there is a relatively new xorg driver called 'modesetting' which sgfxi did not list, thus nvidia/fglrx install failed because the driver was not detected and replaced, I believe that's all that was wrong in this particular case. Some other recently fixed issues, upstart/systemd dm start/stop, but again, that should not have created the double start issue.

There was a backend bug too with detecting new driver versions, github changed their servers which broke my remote version checks for nvidia, why companies insist on doing such random changes is beyond me. Oh, wait, no, I remember, github got hacked, that's right.

Probably sgfxi should be a bit more dynamic in terms of how it replaces the driver, currently it requires on hard coded list of known xorg/non free drivers to replace in xorg.conf.

I don't see how this issue could have fixed a double run of sgfxi however, which is an old issue I've heard about from mepis users but they of course never actually did anything to figure it out.
orvitux
Reply Quote
i check file from gz file, let me say sgfxi debugger its really cool tool, i see in the reports the same the driver called 'modesetting' and system not detected and replaced correct way in the xorg.conf,im going to reserch in forum from nvidia and debian,maybe have the same issue if find any good solution im going to tell you. see ya soon tanks you
techAdmin
Reply Quote
orvilux, I had to add the debugger very recently and it's expanding with every bug report.

If you think that tool is cool, check out the inxi debugger, that's a huge system analyzer. I copy some stuff in sgfxi debugger from it, but only the stuff related to graphics.

In theory you are right, if modesetting is changed to nvidia in the Device driver item, and if no other issues exist, then xorg should just work.

However, note that sgfxi was using an older 304 driver in your test, that's been updated to the new 304.121 which does not need the patch, so i suggest you run sgfxi again, it's also been updated to handle the modesetting driver option as well, so it should 'just work' I believe.

Again, the 'modesetting' driver issue in sgfxi is corrected, it was simply not on the sgfxi white list of known xorg drivers, that's all, I added it.
Page: 1, 2  Next