Page: Previous  1, 2, 3

masinick
Reply Quote
Bill, there are few, retired or not, who have as quickly adapted to something completely new as well as you have. Not having previous background in this stuff, you can hardly be expected to be an expert, yet you have learned well from your experiences already.

For those who may be lurking and don't know either Bill or me, I write a lot of freelance blogs and forum articles about using and testing Linux systems. Bill picked up on that and started writing, too, first at the Extreme Tech Forums that once upon a time were very active, but have lost favor, the USALUG, a Linux User Group for online enthusiasts, and of course, right here.

I think he is pretty modest. None of us knows everything, whether we are experienced in software or not, but Bill, as a frequent system user, knows what he would like to do with his systems and he's found a number of things (some of which I haven't done myself) and he is a credit, not only to this community, but to the Linux user community - as you can all tell by his excellent writing style and his very clear problem report. I'd pick Bill in a heartbeat for any QA team that I was putting together, regardless of what it is. He picks things up well and he is very thorough, both in his analysis and in his procedural approach.

On the other hand, I try to sound the trumpet, not so much for myself, but for efforts I feel are worthwhile. I've trumpeted the praise of antiX many times, and I've also praised smxi. I therefore try to encourage participation in good efforts, expose things that need work, and occasionally ask for new innovations. My goals are to improve the tools and systems that I use, but also share them with others, in the hope that a few will also take up a similar call. Bill is the best example of someone I know of who has done just that.

Harold, we both appreciate you, and I count it an honor to mention the smxi tool to others. To participate in quality feedback reporting is something great; I am really excited about it! ---Brian
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3