Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

drb
Reply Quote
I do a d-u -d once per day which highlights most issues. Recently there have been problems which only affect some people which makes adding packages to the list more difficult. The devs only seem bothered with 'system' breaks rather than kgeneral software breaks . . . this has reduced the number of issues highlighted in the d-u warnings part of the forum.

I've put a few packages on smxi hold recently but they're usually fixed within a day
iotaka
Reply Quote
I do DU -d (download only) some time a day and every 2 or 3 day I use smxi to upgrade, if I find problems normally I signal it or I put an hold in smxi.org
DeepDayze
Reply Quote
I still use sidux and use smxi to keep it up to date. As smxi has been quite mature for some time I got to pretty much trust the tool. My sidux installs have been quite rock solid for quite a while. Sometimes yes there's a breakage but its usually rectified fairly quickly
soulfly
Reply Quote
Ive used smxi from day one, May '08.... was one of the reasons I started using sidux. I still use it without issues. Saves a grip of time, especially for nvidia driver(sgfxi). I see some familiar faces here. I usually d an dist-upgrade -d in apt to see what is goin on, check the dist-upgrade warnings and wait if nessessary. I can only remember ! time I ever had a problem with an upgrade, and that is when kde upgraded to 4. I'm still using the same system I installed in May of '08. smxi was part of sidux. Well i'm glad to have found support for the script, Thanks h2.
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4