problem to upgrade to the kernel 2.6.31-4.slh.1 by smxi ?
carioca
Reply Quote
Dear techadmin,

One user at sidux Brazil reported this problem:

Quotation:

“Since the kernel 2.6.31-4.slh.1 was placed in the sidux repository that I can not upgrade it. When the download reaches 99% and It gives me an error saying it was not possible to complete the operation.
It was only with this kernel. I had the same problem with other versions too.I have already changed the repositories from "br" to “us”, “de” , and vice versa, without any results.
Does someone have an explanation and/or a solution?
Note: As at other times, I'm waiting for the problem solves up itself in time random, without my intervention. I believe the problem is the repositories, perhaps.”

If someone else may give me a prompt solution. I’d appreciate it too much your support. I have already suggested him to use the siduxcc to upgrade to the new kernel. He told me that he has already done without any results too.He got the same error with 99%. He is going bananas !He is quite eager to have a prompt solution because this problem is persisting constantly.
Cheers.Thanks a lot!

Ps: if someone here may understand the post in the portuguese you may read here straight ahead at sidux.forumdebian.com.br/forumnovo/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=378
techAdmin
Reply Quote
it sounds like maybe an ISP caching issue, hard to say, not related to smxi in any way though.
the problem was solved
carioca
Reply Quote
:: techAdmin wrote ::
it sounds like maybe an ISP caching issue, hard to say, not related to smxi in any way though.

dear techadmin,
I agreed with you. I think his trouble was a bad internet connection. however, he said to me the problem was solved but he didn't confirm how he solved it up.
cheers.