Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

techAdmin
Reply Quote
Please paste then post the paste url of the svmi.log file as I asked, I don't want to pull pieces of information from you one at a time, I want the data I need to actually see if there a bug, that's why the svmi.log file exists, the entire session, the section you pasted tells me nothing beyond the fact something is going wrong in a wget request.
/orbit
Reply Quote
techAdmin: Finally figured out how to use paste.debian.net

Here's the URL

paste.debian.net/47903/
techAdmin
Reply Quote
you selected the debian etch 64 bit version instead of lenny, as someone in this thread suspected.

By coincidence, etch 64 bit has a slightly different number than lenny 32/64 and etch 32, probably because of an etch only bug fix for 64 bit I'd guess, but you should't have picked etch in the first place.

I'd say lenny is now old enough to remove the etch option anyway.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
removed the etch option from svmi, if the numbers aren't going to be consistent I'm not going to bother trying to support etch stuff anymore, and I doubt many etch users exist out there in the first place now.

This was a combination of user error and a flukey versioning mismatch.

I did note that svmi appears to be missing a failed download error handler though, I'll have to fix that one.
/orbit
Reply Quote
Thanks techAdmin. Lenny version installed without any problems.
But...
Attempting to install GuestAdditions failed with the same 404 error.

The is only one selection for GuestAdditions so this appears to me to be a fault either in smvi or smxi.

My apologies for causing you all this trouble.

Should I send you another copy of the new smvi.log?
techAdmin
Reply Quote
no trouble, your last log exposed a sort of glaring canyon of a huge weakness in the script error handling, which I'll have to shut off and fix as well.

Yes, please link to paste of the failed one, that should be fairly straight ahead, but I believe that there is a bug in svmi for that as well, your log should help pinpoint it.

These logs are very useful, I'm pretty certain I know why it failed, let me take a look and it should be working soon, I'll do some rough fixes on the download error handling now though anyway.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Updated svmi with better error handling for failed downloads, added some more debugging features to it too so I should be able to track down this error now if it persists.
/orbit
Reply Quote
techAdmin: New svmi.log as of 11:43 2/10/09 below.

Attempting to install GuestAdditions using smxi produced error 180 (come to think of it it could have been 100). Your script caught the error and I was able to continue but alas no GuestAdditions was installed.

paste.debian.net/47963/
/orbit
Reply Quote
Tried installing GueestAdditions again this morning but still no success. The actual error was 188 not as I previously posted (getting old).
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Please show me the output of this command (one line command)
:: Code ::
dpkg -l | awk '{print $2 " " $3}' |grep -E 'virtualbox-(ose|ose-[0-9]\.[0-9]|-[0-9]\.[0-9])[[:space:]]'

I have to rewrite the vbox installed version function to handle a case I have never been able to duplicate myself.

Also show me this command:

:: Code ::
apt-cache search ^virtualbox-[2-9]\.[0-9] | awk '{print $1}' | cut -d '-' -f 2

Page: Previous  1, 2, 3  Next