[solved] vmware-player module doesn't work with 2.6.30
widux
Reply Quote
Hi,
when I was trying to build the vmware-player module on the latest sidux-kernel (2.6.30-0.slh.1-sidux-686) I got the following error:
:: Code ::
make[2]: *** [/tmp/vmware-root/modules/vmblock-only/linux/control.o] Error 1                                                                                         
make[1]: *** [_module_/tmp/vmware-root/modules/vmblock-only] Error 2                                                                                                 
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.30-0.slh.1-sidux-686'                                                                                         
make: *** [vmblock.ko] Error 2                                                                                                                                       
make: Leaving directory `/tmp/vmware-root/modules/vmblock-only'                                                                                                     
Unable to install vmblock                                                                                                                                           
ERROR: 1 occurred in the Vmplayer kernel module build!

What's the problem? Doesn't work the module with 2.6.30?

Thanx in advance and greetings
w.

< Edited by widux :: Jun 11, 09, 1:02 >

widux
Reply Quote
;) I reinstalled vmware-player and now the module was build successfully ;) Sorry...