I cannot set up the login manager with kde 4.2.4
carioca
Reply Quote
dear techadmin,

I got the upgrade to kde 4.2.4 smoothly but there is a problem when I tried to change the settings configuration to start automatically the sidux with kde 4.2.4. at the settings configuration at the convenience I cannot change anything there because I cannot got to the root there because they are inaccessible. I saw the option like to "start automatically" or "to change my language" at the login manager when booting. I do not know how to fix it. Could you help me out. Best regards.
gfbayer
Reply Quote
The only way I found was activating the command sudo for the user in /etc/sudoers.
carioca
Reply Quote
techadmin,

Is this problem I reported at this post is solved up by using smxi to upgrade to kde 4? Should I still use the sollution recommended by gfbayer as he said to me:

Quotation:

"The only way I found was activating the command sudo for the user in /etc/sudoers."

I will appreciate you helpful hints.

Best Regards.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
I have a distant memory of this issue being reported on sidux forums. I don't know the solution, I'm avoiding kde 4 until it's not so raw and unfinished, probably 4.4.

I would guess there is a permissions problem, and no, it's not related to anything smxi did.
GoinEasy9
Reply Quote
I also remember seeing it on the sidux forums, probably using dbus and systemsettings to search in the forums might bring you to a useful thread.
Here's the link and the command
mdmarmer
Reply Quote
/usr/lib/kde4/libexec/kdesu systemsettings

sidux.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-t-15604-highlight-kde.html

Mike
deach
Reply Quote
Alt+F2> su-to-root -X -c systemsettings

Worked here.