kde 4.2.4 in the sidux own repositories from now on
carioca
Reply Quote
Hi, sidux buddies,

I heard that already in the sidux own repositories from now on. Is that true? But I haven't read it at the sidux News here yet. read post at sidux.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&p=126734#126734

BTW, Is that already in the smxi servers ?

Best regards.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
dont' confuse debian pool with sidux, sidux has very few of its own packages, and wouldn't try to do an entire desktop package group like kde.

sidux uses debian sid for all packages except a tiny handful of things like the kernels, modules, ceni, sidux-scripts, siduxcc and so on.

smxi doesn't have a repo at all, although liquorix repos are now tested and working for full support zen sourced kernels (which support fglrx, by the way).

Sidux isn't really a distro in the normal sense of the word, it's debian sid placed into a fast installer, with a few extras (or 'spices' as the devs like to say).
GoinEasy9
Reply Quote
As for kde 4.2.4, all but kdebase-workspace is in sid. I still haven't updated since it came into the sid repos in the past 24 hours. I've stopped dist-upgrading so much due to the increased instability of sid.
carioca
Reply Quote
hi, buddies,
fyi I've just upgraded from kde 3 to kde 4.2.4 by the smxi script and It was very successful. Thanks h2 for this great tool. Best Regards.