how Do I install kde 4 on sidux by using smxi ?
carioca
Reply Quote
hi techAdmin and forum !

How have you been buddies? I'm smxi admirer and I've been using smxi connected to sidux all the time since I've been a sidux user. how Do I install kde 4 on sidux by using smxi ?I have read it's possible to make it now after smxi solved some conflicts up. For the while being, the sidux.com has not released yet a new version and I don't know the relese date for the 2009.02. the sidux road map is set for 2. quarter 2009 (aethir), but I think It would be for june or july or later on. Who knows it? But I'm not sure about it. thus, I would like to learn how I install it bymyself easily with the smxi script. As I have never installed kde 4 before, I do not know the procedures by using the smxi with kde 4 set up. I know there are other manners to install kde 4. But I read by using smxi is much more easy and safe and I'm used to use the smxi script. Could you teach me a step-by-step the how-to? Are there conflits? I appreciate your helpful hints. It's possible to install it with xfce or I have to use kde 3 in order to upgrade to? I Should take another previous installed window manager off like xfce or so, shouldn't I? Let me know a kind of tutorial about it if it's possible.
Best Regards.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
for kde 4 and sidux, install sidux, install smxi, run smxi.

smxi will detect that kde 4 is available and that you are running kde 3, and run a fairly well tested kde 3->4 upgrade routine, one by the way far more reliable and robust than the one sidux recommends, though at core the methods rely on the same methods, smxi's is merely radically safer and much improved.
deusdara
Reply Quote
Hi

I have been using smxi script in Debian testing e Debian Sid.

It is a very good script. My system is more secure now.

Thanks a lot

Deusdara
carioca
Reply Quote
:: techAdmin wrote ::
for kde 4 and sidux, install sidux, install smxi, run smxi.

smxi will detect that kde 4 is available and that you are running kde 3, and run a fairly well tested kde 3->4 upgrade routine, one by the way far more reliable and robust than the one sidux recommends, though at core the methods rely on the same methods, smxi's is merely radically safer and much improved.

techAdmin,

Thanks. I suceeded! Very good, indeed. From now on I'm using the wonderful sidux with kde4.2.4 ! It's a long term process but very safe and easy. Congrats, h2 over and over again! Very nice job! Really smxi is a must for the sidux users. Bye. Best Regards.