2 pages, ignore one cookie if visited
llr
Reply Quote
Greetings, i just met your cookie code and i want one.
I'm afraid i require a little help to make this work though.

I've copied the cookie code into cookie.js
The only thing i've specified in it is:
function Set_Cookie( "mycookie", "visited 9 times", 30, /, "", "" )

I don't know what the visited 9 times is about, but i saw it in the example.

Now i'd like to point out in the 1st html file that if the cookie doesn't exist in the browsers cache of the visitor it should run page 2 which downloads the cookie (and forces the favicon in internet explorer to install-that's what the loading area is about, but it's really not necessary to do so every single time)

When he/she visits the homepage again and his/her cache hasn't been cleared, the cookie should still be there and the page where the cookie is set should be ignored, continueing with the rest of hte html page.

The page i'm talking about is [link]
Have a look at it with ie7 or 8.

The 2 html files and the .js cookie are all in the root of starthemel.nl

By the way, this forum does act a little strange in Ie8beta1 with the emulate ie7 turned off. (when trying to copy paste or moving the cursor up and down)

< Edited by llr :: Mar 8, 08, 19:22 >

llr
Reply Quote
And many thanks to the one taking the time to reply to this.
Really appreciate it.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
These forums are written to standard HTML and CSS rules. If IE 8 has a problem with them, I suggest you help the world out and post a bug report where it's appropriate, the MSIE 8 developer area.

As for favicons, I have no idea what you're doing, to run a favicon is this simple line of code in your document <head>

:: Code ::
<link rel ="shortcut icon" href="/images/favicon.ico">

If you have an actual programming question and post some code we'll take a look at it, but we don't do free code reviews, sorry, life's too short.

You need to learn at least a tiny bit about what you are doing before you do it when you do programming. Set cookie expire date, if 0, cookie only lasts for the session (that's as long as the browser is open for all practical purposes).

I don't use Windows so I haven't seen MSIE 8 yet, nor am I in any particular rush to do so, although I hear finally MS is going to at least try to produce a standards compliant browser.