html /wap / mobile 2.0 redirection
devo
Reply Quote
I searched most in the internet to able find or able create a codes that redirect the mobile 2.0 webpage istead of regular broswer format as once any typical mobile users access the website. so has them redirect them to proper page thats where their mobile can able plays movie their own movie formats.

like 3gp, ipod, and avi, mov, nokia, mobile 2.0.. etc. So please help me Thanks!

hope hear from everyone soon!!

-------------
nick
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Same question more or less in this thread

That browser detection script doesn't officially cover handheld devices, with a few exceptions, but all that is required is for the handheld user agents to be added to the primary os detection.

This has been an idea to do for a long time, but, to be competely honest, the reason we haven't done it is because in virtually all cases, the only people who need handheld/mobile detection are commercial enterprises/websites. And since creating and maintaining lists of handheld/mobile user agents is not interesting or fun, especially because the syntax for handheld user agents is completely random, even within the same manufactorer's product lines, and not consistent at all, programming it is just a chore. Not hard or anything, but a chore.

And boring chore programming is something I dont' usually do for fun or free.

So feel free to download the scripts, which are GPL, and hack to your heart's content. And if you get a good hack, feel free to send it back here so we can add it to the script. But personally, handheld web browsing has always struck me as one of the most pointless ideas I've ever heard, even though I know some people actually will suffer through the miniscule screens and snail's pace download speeds, so it's not been a motivation at all to offer good support for it.
englishextra
Reply Quote
Why not using the opposite approach: get HTTP_REFERER loop through your array of PDA search result pages and switch css or redirect to your PDA version. The array might look like this:

<edited out urls, not a good pattern anyway.>
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Because referer stuff is not reliable, that data can be blocked by all kinds of things, firewalls, etc. To be avoided as a method.