Someone plz help me
BlazeHalo
Reply Quote
My computer is screwing up and everything is going bad. My Mozilla FireFox at first would keep booting me off youtube and others saying n illegal operation with some shockwave flash thing. Then it just doesnt open period. My Ad-aware Se Personal freezes in the middle of scans. Everything has been running accessivly slow and every thing i try to do stops responding at some point alot. And when i press Ctrl + Alt + Delete a box shows up that only gives me the option of ending task. It doesnt allow me to check anything else like performance and this computer is just pissing me off. and whenever im writing sumthing like this if im editing sumthing i wrote ealier it will over write other sentences. Plz I need help
erikZ
Reply Quote
Sounds like your computer is totally filled with viruses, trojans, spyware, etc.

Check this antivirus and spyware thread out. Do all of the steps in there, run at least trendmicro, avg, and antivir on your computer, one at a time.

It's also possible you have some hardware type issue, but with average users, most computer slowdowns like you are experiencing are caused by severe virus and spyware infections.

Remember, if you are using either Norton or McAfee products to try to protect yourself against viruses, you are not protected, because they are very poor quality. So don't assume you are protected against viruses just because you are running one of these.

If you are using the windows xp built in firewall and think that will protect you, think again, it's not a real firewire, it's only inbound, it leaves outbound programs free to do whatever they want.

And of course, if you haven't updated your virus definitions constantly, you have no protection at all. You'd be surprised how many people think that the antivirus program itself is what protects them against viruses, when all it is is a container to run the collection of virus definitions it updates several times a week. So if your antivirus program is out of date or non-existent, you have essentially no virus protection at all.

For high end, but not that expensive, antivirus, use nod32. If you were running norton or mcafee and your scans with other av products show significant virus infection, uninstall that junk and buy nod32. If you can't afford decent av software, try the free avg listed in that thread.

If you are connected to the internet using broadband, and you aren't using a router, then it's virtually certain that various worms and internet malware have severely infected your computer, which is as you type probably busy acting as a mail server for spam, as a zombie bot pc doing various bad things.
BlazeHalo
Reply Quote
I am already using AVG Free Edition which has always removed all viruses and everything. My Adaware Se Personal would always delete all the spyware and everything but now it freezes all the time. i have scanned twice with AVG and there was no viruses.
erikZ
Reply Quote
so you've run 1 single ok antivirus product, and a single decent antispyware tool? Ok.

Now do what I suggested, and run 4 more, minimum.

Try antivir, install, update, run, uninstall. nod32 has a test version, install, update, run, uninstall. Spybot search and destroy is another good spyware tool, run that.

pandasoft and trendmicro have online virus scanners, use them.

Remember to turn off your running av each time you install and run a new one or it takes forever.

After you've run all those, repeatedly, and your system comes up completely clean, you can start to look for other causes, which might be invisible rootkits, and things like that. Might also be failing hard drive, but that's unlikely.

Unless you are running nod32, you can never really be sure that you are as well protected as possible. People in the know run 2 of av products together, but that is risky and average users should avoid it.