ASP.NET 2.0 - Huge Problem with AppDomain recycling
pgarcia418
Reply Quote
I've been trying to find a workaround for this issue for a month now. This is my situation:

My ASP.NET 2.0 application launches a thread that sometimes needs to delete some folders. The problem is that when a folder is deleted, the AppDomain is restarted and my thread gets aborted. I have read that in ASP.NET 2.0 any folder that is deleted will cause the AppDomain to restart and there's no way to tell it to ignore some folders.

I read somewhere that the App_Data folder is ignored and that I should be able to create/delete folders within this folder without any problems but it has not been the case. When I delete folders that live inside the App_Data folder the AppDomain is restarted and my thread is aborted making the application useless. I'm so mad at Microsoft for not providing a way to customize this behavior.

Is there anyone that has this problem and has found a solution or workaround?

I don't care about the session getting lost since there is a workaround for this. What I don't want is for the thread that I launched to be aborted.
jeffd
Reply Quote
sorry, we don't support asp, or any other proprietary programming language on these forums, try an asp focused forum, sorry.