Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 is now available
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Here it is, I'm sure you've all been waiting for this one: You can now download MSIE 7b 2. Be still my thundering pulse.

For those of us that have been using a modern browser since around 2001 or 2, this isn't very exciting news. All of these features have been available for years on Opera and Firefox/Firebird. Konqueror/Safari also have their own pretty slick interpretations of this feature set: tabbed browsing, etc.

And they still don't run active x. And MSIE still does run it, so just watch for the first security patch to fix yet another active x security hole.

What's new? Well, they've pretty much copied Opera and Firefox straight out. This particular thing really caught my eye though:

MS is putting out their very own developer toolbar. I guess chris pederick should be flattered, since imitiation is said to be the sincerest form of flattery. I wonder how many MS programmers it took to create a poor quality copy of the real web developer toolbar?.

Why is it that everything MS does is just so depressingly unoriginal? I had to laugh at this one though.

I caught that one on the so-called IT Pro Checklist [sic]. Of course, almost all IT pros use Firefox, but we won't talk about that. Don't want to rain on the MS parade.
Re: Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 is now available
vkaryl
Reply Quote
:: techAdmin wrote ::
Don't want to rain on the MS parade.

We don't??

Oh gosh, and here I was planning to take credit for the drowning of Redmond this winter....