Free site uptime service
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Sometimes it's important to know if your or your client's sites are up and running, and if the hoster is actually able to deliver real uptime, which most aren't.

I found what looks to be a good service, siteuptime.com that offers both a free, basic uptime utility, checks every 1/2 hour or hour, or for a very reasonable fee, $5 a month, checks upto every 5 minutes. Failure of the server to deliver a response header to a request results in an email being sent to you.

Worth checking into I'd say, there are a lot of bad hosters out there, I know I have had to deal with uptime questions too often this week on a big site.
Arovax Uptime
Lintu
Reply Quote
Well i found completely free service arovaxuptime.com monitors located on a great amount of different servers examine a service (www, smtp, pop3) and get information about its efficiency.
Monitors check services every 4 minutes and there is no limitations on this.

Generally - Thumbs Up for Arovax UpTime!

<moderator: we know this is spam, but it might be worth checking out too. Link removed.
Also, these forums use the nofollow mods on all non-approved links>
vkaryl
Reply Quote
And another very good one: montastic.com
techAdmin
Reply Quote
The more the merrier. Thanks for that one too.
sithu77
Reply Quote
nice one.. But y do you choose paid monitoring service when you can monitor your sites free. I would like to suggest you 100pulse website monitoring service where you can monitor upto 2 sites free. It's the easiest way to detect your downtime and uptime and they will alert you through email, RSS feed and google gadgets instantly.
[new user link]