Page: Previous  1, 2

vkaryl
Reply Quote
Well, I have one of those, Mike, but dropping stuff onto the laptop through the network is as easy. Actually my backup comment referred to using AOl's $4.95/month dialer-only as a backup when my ISP craps out.

Not sure where I'm going with that situation, other than having removed every trace of AOL from the registry, and vowing never to install it again. My late ISP (Access4Less) just went out of business as an ISP effective 5/20, so I'm now with AllVantage. I really don't want to pay TWO $9 per month ISPs when I only use one normally (except when it has problems, which was why I installed AOL.)

It's a PITA, being on dialup....
jeffd
Reply Quote
Ah, AOL, happy to say they are losing millions of subscribers a month, good to see you'll be one of them.

If I'd realized you had AOL stuff installed, that would have been the first place I'd suspect, their software is notoriously bad, invasive, and just plain poorly written. Afterall, if you were a programming whiz kid, would AOL be your dream job? Probably not.

Good to see you localized the issue, I guess this thread should go back to the other forum you started it in, since it wasn't a browser problem.

<added>by the way, congratulations vkaryl, you made the 1000th posting, :-)
vkaryl
Reply Quote
*laughing* And for that, my prize is?

Thing is jeff, AOL was installed beginning 4/1 (when I was ISP-less for a couple of days). I wasn't having these problems through 4/13 when I left for a week. When I left, everything was working normally. It was instantly NOT normal when I returned, booted, and connected on 4/20....

In other words, I HATE GREMLINS!
Page: Previous  1, 2