Links :: Console Web browser supports tables frames mouse
techAdmin
Reply Quote
If you haven't checked out Links Browser you might want to give it a look. While this is a non-gui browser, it is fairly complete, much more so than Lynx.

<added>Links browser has been taken over by a new maintainer, and is now referred to as ELinks. The developer site is here. Current version number is 0.10. Links stopped at 0.9 something.

Links features table and frame support, and also lets you click links with your mouse [assuming you are running it in a windows manager in the console, not from the command line directly], which makes it an actually useful non gui browser. Of course, since no javascript, css, or images ever load, it's amazingly fast. Needless to say there is pretty much zero risk of catching any type of malware at all. Give it a try, you'll be amazed at how fast pages load.

Has fully mouse support, pages scroll in the console with mousewheel, left and right arrows are forward/back, I played around with it a bit then realized it actually works as a browser. Nice job links team.

Great tool for checking your work, and fun to surf with too.

For checking the actual data flow in webpages, I still prefer Lynx, but navigating in Lynx is a pain, especially if there are a lot of links in it [no pun intended].

Debian apt install for Links: apt-get install links
Debian apt install for Lynx: apt-get install lynx