HP driver not responding on shut down
gayjaybird
Reply Quote
I'm running an OEM HP Pavilion xt914 with 128 MB RAM, a 20 GB HD and Windows XP SP 2. I've got an HP PSC 1110 connected through a usb port.

When I go to shut down or restart, I get an error message that says "Hpoevm08.exe not responding" and gives you the option to end it manually. The patch that is recommended on the HP site is already installed in the proper place on my system. Is there a way to get to recognize the patch? The rest of the system still works, it's just a nusiance to have to end that program manually each time.

Any ideas?

Jason

P.S. to the moderator:

If this post is in the wrong spot, please put it in the appropriate place.
erikZ
Reply Quote
I looked around, found this solution, which may or may not work. Those kinds of printer things can be really annoying.

Personally, I try to avoid using usb and printers if at all possible, last networking job I did, every printer failure we got was usually resolved by using the lpt1 ports, the standard printer port, all the problems came with USB stuff.

Don't know if that will do it for you or not, hard to say with printers.
Printer malfunction
gayjaybird
Reply Quote
I finally ended up uninstalling my printer and then re-downloading the driver from HP and reinstalling it. I don't know why it didn't take when I used the CD install. Oh well, it works correctly now so I guess I shouldn't gripe too much. Thanks for your help!
jeffd
Reply Quote
it didn't take probably because there is a bug in the driver in the cd version, but when you download the driver from the site, you're getting the latest version, with the bug fixed.

Usually when I have any problems with printers or scanners, I go get the latest driver from the website, unintall the old stuff, reboot, then follow the install instructions precisely, and it often, but not always, will work.