Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Redux
Reply Quote
From my HTC Desire Z with ICS (yeah, rooted phone but nvm)...
Click the link above the browser name to make yourself sure these values are true.

[link]
System browser:
:: Quote ::
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/534.24 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/11.0.696.34 Safari/534/24

[link]
Dolphin Browser HD:
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; pl-pl; HTC Vision Build/IMM76I; CyanogenMod-meXdroidMod_Fried_IceCream3) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30

[link]
Opera Mobile:
Opera/9.80 (Android 4.0.4; Linux; Opera Mobi/ADR-1205181138; U; pl) Presto/2.10.254 Version/12.00

[link]
Maxthon:
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; pl-pl; HTC Vision Build/IMM76I; CyanogenMod-meXdroidMod_Fried_IceCream3) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30

yup, that same as in Dolphin Browser HD

Oh, and one more thing. This plugin is really useful! Thanks. :)
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Are all those UA strings basically stock, ie, they do not reflect the rooted part of the phone?

Looks like a good list of adds though, new browsers, new android, etc.
Redux
Reply Quote
Well, I bet system browser was updated in ICS (in comparision to 2.3) but not in my rooted ROM so system browser's user agent is fully legit. Opera too. But Dolphin Browser HD and Maxthon can not because they have a ROM name in user agent:
CyanogenMod-meXdroidMod_Fried_IceCream3

And I'm not sure these browser's user agent doesn't affect as my phone being rooted.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
I'll have to skip the rooted ua strings that reflect the root, those are too specific to be of use to the general person, but the other ones will be added in. Mobile devices are already too many and too different in type as it is.
thomassisson
Reply Quote
The direct download does not work. Gecko based browsers will try to display XML files as pages. If there are no linked XML definitions, the page will show the file as text with an error message at the top. Use the File > Save As option.
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Just tried it, it works fine. Firefox 14, Linux. Has always worked fine, could try it in windows

Direct download shows a message that there are no xml declarations then shows the xml. As it should. Then you use the browser save as in the menu to save the page.

I also just checked it on firefox 14, windows 7, and it's the same, raw xml shows, you can save it using browser save as feature from file menu. Not sure what you are expecting to happen, that's what is supposed to happen, and it's what is happening.

I believe you simply don't get what the terms mean, ie, direct download means you grab it directly by saving the xml page from your browser. This feature was added because someone had a device that didn't allow them to easily use the save as pop up option. Or was it the other way around? Anyway, that's what it is.

No bug, no error, is as it always has been. Saving web pages is the same as saving xml pages, click file save as then save.
uliandim
Reply Quote
Any other updates?
HP webOS Devices
LewisR
Reply Quote
Thanks so much for maintaining this list!

Just updated my PrePlus to a Pre3 and got myself a shiny new TouchPad. ;-)

HP TouchPad - webOS 3.0.5 - wOSBrowser/234.83:
:: Code ::

Mozilla/5.0 (hp-tablet; Linux; hpwOS/3.0.5; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) wOSBrowser/234.83 Safari/534.6 TouchPad/1.0

HP Pre3 - webOS 2.2.4 - wOSBrowser/221.56:
:: Code ::

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; webOS/2.2.4; U; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) webOSBrowser/221.56 Safari/534.6 Pre/3.0

Cheers

< Edited by LewisR :: Apr 13, 13, 18:25 >

techAdmin
Reply Quote
thank you, never seen that one yet, will be added on next update of list, which I'll try to get to this week.

Basically once all the browser companies except opera and microsoft switched to the endless version number bumps, I stopped doing real time tracking of current browsers, I mean, firefox 19, 20, 21, every few weeks, lol.

So now I just go in every few months and grab the useragents for the latest stuff.

For mobile devices though, and tablets, I'm going to in general rely on end user demand and input, like yours here, there are too many to really track.

Is the second one you listed also a tablet, I'm not clear on that.
LewisR
Reply Quote
Yeah, the "repaid release cycle" for Firefox has never been on my list of "well conceived plans." I do some extension hacking for Mozilla apps, and having to constantly update install.rdf's is a real pain (and waste of time). So, we resort to such things as:

<em:maxVersion>20.*</em:maxVersion>

which isn't a really great solution, but it cuts down on wasted time.

To answer your question concerning the Pre3, it is the third (or fourth, depending upon how one counts) generation Palm Pre smartphone. In order (though I don't have UA strings handy), we had:

Palm Pre
Palm Pre Plus
Palm Pre 2
HP Pre3

(Usually printed just that way.)

There have been other webOS-based phones, such as the Palm Pixi and the HP Veer, but again, I'm not sure which versions of webOS ran each of those. The Pre 2 ran webOS 2.0 and later 2.1; the Pre Plus went up to 1.4.5. The Pre3 was released with 2.2 on it, and of course, the TouchPad was released with 3.0 on it.

As I mentioned in my previous post, thank you so much for taking time to compile and maintain this list. Not only is it (coupled with Chris' UA Switcher, of course) great for those stubborn sites which refuse to allow one past the "error, wrong browser" page, but for testing themes and pages in development, it's truly invaluable.

Cheers
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next