wifi takes long to come online on 4.2.3
bit
Reply Quote
After boot it takes 3-5 minutes for wifi to come online. Until that there is no wireless network interface. If i use stock kernel as soon as i see desktop i can see wifi connecting via network manager applet. I compared stock and lqx kernel configs and options related to iwlwifi are mostly the same (lqx does not have some debug stuff enabled). This is not caused by any power management afaik, i disabled powertop and tlp, verified with powertop that wifi device is "on", still it wont connect without delay. Any idea where i could start looking for culprit?

Driver: iwlwifi (intel wireless)
Distro: archlinux
Kernel: 4.2.3 x64
Junio_Calu
Reply Quote
Hi,

After help from Dametz through this comment:

According to this bug report (https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=82761), it seems that you have VT-d enabled in your BIOS. What happens if you disable that?

And according to the commit to the qemu project below, realtek NICs are known to have certain quirks that cause problems with virtualization, even if you're not using virtualization directly but have certain features enabled in your BIOS.

git.qemu.org/?p=qemu.git;a=commit;h=4cb47d281a995cb49e4652cb26bafb3ab2d9bd28

I found a partial solution to my network card, which also was not working well. The problem in my case was in virtualization, specifically in IOMMU module. To fix I used a combination of kernel parameters in the /etc/default/grub, below:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT=" iommu=pt intel_iommu=on"

It may be that the problem on your NIC is another.