how to use sgfxi to build kernel module for previous NVIDIA drivers?
Ercolinux
Reply Quote
Hello, last driver seems create a problem on my linuxbox, I want try a previous driver. I see a lot of NVIDIA-XXX.RUN files on /usr/src/NVIDIA (I'm not writing by my home PC, the path could be different). How to instruct sgfxi to re-build kernel module from one of this local .RUN files? Thanks a lot
techAdmin
Reply Quote
Look at the sgfxi -h help menu, that's always a good place to start before asking for support.

sgfxi stores the run files, and will use any stored one that corresponds to the driver version it's been asked to use.

:: Code ::
-o Override default: install a specific driver, this is an absolute override - syntax:
   -o 177.68 (for nVidia) or: -o 8-6 (for fglrx)

sgfxi -L d

shows you the drivers that have support in sgfxi currently.
Ercolinux
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot for the fast reply.
Yes You are right, I checked the help and I found the "-o" option. What I did wrong was try to use driver 352.21 that I saw in local download folder. Today first I use Your suggestion on list the good available option drivers (-Ld) and then I try this command with 352.41 and it works :-) .

I take the opportunity to say that driver 355.11 with my Nvidia GeForce GT 440 does not work fine.

All the best
techAdmin
Reply Quote
If you have issues with a specific driver/ card combination, there is only ONE place it will do any good to say that:

devtalk.nvidia.com/default/board/98/

devtalk.nvidia.com/default/topic/522835/linux/if-you-have-a-problem-please-read-this-first/

Make sure to read the second thread for instructions on how to file a bug report with nvidia. It's very easy, and only takes a few minutes.

This is the only place you can actually help yourself and other users if you have issues with new drivers.