Kernel 4.0 patches
Brian49
Reply Quote
Will there be ny further patches to the 4.0 kernel, please? The kernel with the 4.07 patch is working well for me, but I believe that 4.08 has some valuable improvements, and there will be a 4.09 release. For some reason kernel 4.1 will not boot on my system, so I am staying with 4.0 for the time being. Many thanks.
damentz
Reply Quote
Just released another version, 4.0-17 / 4.0.8.

Also, I'm trying to rethink how I keep older versions of kernels, for debian. There should be some changes in the future that will let you install previous versions and track them besides the traditional past, main, and future branches.

Not exactly sure how I'll go about doing that, however.
Brian49
Reply Quote
Thanks for responding. I have compiled a 4.0 kernel with the 4.08 patch applied, and it seems to be working well. In general I prefer to compile my own kernel with patches applied rather than using repositories. I use the localmodconfig option to customise the kernel for my hardware and system.
Brian49
Reply Quote
I see that you have updated the list of your kernel patches today. But although the 4.1 patch is now identified as 4.1.3, in accordance with the latest upstream release, the 4.0 patch, although also updated today, still says 4.08. Will there be a 4.09 patch, please? Many thanks.

Edit July 23: I see there is now a 4.09 patch. Thanks very much indeed.